Friday, January 18, 2008

On my mind

I just got a text message from my friend Dan and all it said was, God is good. I asked him if there was a particular reason for the text, his response? "No". Smile, because God is good. Inside I am smiling because no matter what happens, no matter what goes on in life I can know, that God is good. This is a shock to my senses sometimes because I see so many things that make me feel like if God was so good, then why would he let these kinds of things happen. But the reality of life is that in spite of the bad things of the world, God is still good.

I see orphans at the Hands and Feet Project and I hear the stories that they have had to endure. I am heart broken at those stories. In my carnal mind I wonder and doubt the goodness of God, but in my Spirit I know the truth, God is good! I know this because I see His goodness in the faces of those children. I think that many people focus on the sadness and the pity of the kids, but they forget the kids. God is good! He loves those kids and this is evident in the faces of these children.

We see poverty and we cringe, wondering how God could let such a thing happen. But what we miss is the goodness of God in the middle of it. God is good. Have you ever seen the joy that comes from being invited into a person's home to eat a meal with them, when it is the last food they have? They are hinging everything on the goodness of God to take care of them. I see that and I am sad, they see it as an opportunity. God is good.

No comments: